Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Just a thought


I have found something very troubling lately. Why can't we reach out to people? Why do we feel as if we have to stay in our own little worlds and not include others? How can we ever meet and make friends with people if we never approach them? What are we afraid of? I have asked myself these questions several times throughout my short life. And the answer I've come up with..... we're afraid of rejection. Rejection hurts no matter who it comes from be it family, friends, co-workers, church family, etc. Everyone wants to be liked by somebody. And yes we all know that you can't be liked by everybody all of the time. But wouldn't it be nice? Ah..friendship what an awesome thing to have in one's life. The trick to friendship is finding someone to be yourself around. How many us can be "real and vulnerable" with total strangers or even not so totally strange? Not many but wouldn't it be nice to try. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment